Senior Hardware Design Engineer
The candidate will be working within an RTL design team creating video intellectual property to be used by tier one semiconductor manufacturers. The focus is primarily on next generation video decoders to be used in state of the art consumer products. The successful candidate will become part of a dynamic and motivated design team working on the full design cycle from specification and implementation through to verification. The job will include exposure to cutting edge EDA tools and advanced silicon processes.
- Develop state of the art video processing blocks for decoders that then become part of IP cores used by top tier semiconductor suppliers for highly integrated SOC’s.
- You will be working at the leading edge of ASIC design with the most advance video algorithms and methodology.
Primary role responsibilities will include:
- The role will involve working with the system architect to define module level architectures and documenting these module specifications
- Converting the architecture into RTL while considering constraints such as area, speed, power and performance
- Verification of the RTL at module level and top level in conjunction with the simulator group
- Synthesis and formal verification
- Power and performance analysis
- Liaising with other teams such as simulation, drivers, research and other hardware teams
- Mentoring and supervising more junior engineers
- An excellent knowledge of digital design techniques, including high speed and low power design.
- You must be proficient in RTL design with previous experience coding in VHDL or verilog.
- You must be familiar with the whole ASIC design process and have a clear understanding of SOC architecture.
- Previous experience with synthesis, formal verification and power compiler is highly desirable.
- Experience working in video is highly desirable.
- Video experience or knowledge
- Scripting: Perl, TCL, make and cshell
- Familiar with unix/linux working environment
- Familiar with emulator and FPGA systems
- Able to work well as part of a team
- Approachable with motivating communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Technical excellence is very important and the desire to be responsible for a design for which you take pride in
- You will be directly working in a small team which is part of a larger video hardware team . Movement between the video HW teams and projects happens regularly.
- Must be qualified as a minimum to degree level with Honours at either 1st or 2.1. Other qualifications would also be suitable if they are at least equivalent.
SW/HW focus or both:
- The role offers an opportunity to make a real difference to the designs that are used in many of the most desirable gadgets on the market today and in the future.
- The work is at the leading edge of ASIC design with the most advance video algorithms and methodology
Career Development Opportunities:
- Opportunity to take on a senior role involving managing people and a say in the architecture of the products being developed
Hertfordshire, South East EnglandPrintSave To Shortlist