Embedded Software Engineer - Milton Keynes
Brand new opportunity in Milton Keynes for a skilled Embedded C Software Engineer to join a new company developing telematics solutions. This challenging role requires a hands-on senior embedded developer, for design and coding of embedded software solutions at both application and hardware interface level. Development is carried out in an agile development environment.
The successful candidate will have strong technical skills and have a proven track record of delivering quality products on time, working with similar technology. The successful Embedded Engineer will have excellent firmware development skills in C, ability to produce well structured and documented designs from system level down to embedded processor interactive level, ideally knowledge and experience with wireless comms (GSM/GPRS/satellite/wi-fi/bluetooth) and good appreciation of the hardware.
It is desirable to have:
* Experience in developing high volume products and/or systems with large numbers of users
* RTOS experience (e.g., Keil)
* Experience of understanding hardware design at schematic level
* Knowledge and experience with automotive bus (J1708, J1939, OBD), and location based technologies (GPS)
* Fluency with scripting languages (Python, Perl)
Superb opportunity for long term career progression. Please send your CV to Emma Windows at IC Resources
Key skills: Embedded C, RTOS, automotive, telematics, tracking, GSM, GPRS, GPS, network protocols, wifi, Milton Keynes, home counties