Game Engine Developer
My Client is the UK's leading independent online games studio, and we are looking for exceptional engineers with a passion for Gaming to join their expanding team.
Joining their Technologies team, you would be working with code libraries, scripting languages and game engine technologies. I am looking for people who have excelled in the field of computer programming to join our fast-paced team, with successful candidates being proficient in all aspects of programming and also able to code in a succinct manner.
This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate with ambition and initiative to join a fast-paced online games company based in Cambridge, and help us achieve our ambitious goals for 2015 and beyond.
Key Duties Include:
- Programming using Java and C++ or to service assigned and scheduled requests for new enhanced technology in a flexible and fast-paced environment
- Researching, innovating and developing new game engine technology
- Enhancing and maintaining our existing game engine technology
- Working to keep their industry-leading technology ahead of the competition
- Being constantly proactive in finding ways to make our game technology faster, slimmer and more effective
- Extremely proficient at using Java, C++, C# or similar
- A passion for innovating solutions and solving problems in a unique technology stack
- Game industry experience
- Experience with one or more key game development disciplines such as rendering, tools, gameplay, AI, networking, etc.
- Relevant qualification at degree level or equivalent experience
- Experience of working on networked and MMO games
- Knowledge of other platforms including, but not limited to, Mac OS, Linux, iOS and Android
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python, Bash, Perl or similar
Java, C++, C#, tools, gameplay, AI, Games, Game, Software,