Title: System Administrator - Linux / Windows
Global technology company is seeking an experienced system administrator to help administer their manufacturing network, You will work as part of a team to provide support to their manufacturing systems, and desktop support to their users. The ideal candidate is goal-oriented, out-going, friendly with good people skills.
- Responsible for managing the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems, Unix, Linux and Windows.
- Maintain production servers, LDAP, NFS, DNS, NIS, etc
- Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems. Serves as a front line interface to users with technical issues.
- Makes recommendations for hardware and software purchases. Interacts with third-party technology vendors and internal database staff
- Monitoring of system stability and performance.
- System and infrastructure design.
- Development of tools to maintain and monitor systems. i.e scripting etc
- Conducts systems analysis and development to keep systems current with changing technologies.
- Duties may include installing new software, troubleshooting, granting permissions to applications and training users.
- Automation of routine tasks as much as possible through the development of scripts and administration tools.
- Provide 24 X 7 on-call on a shared rota one week in three.
Key technical requirements:
- Strong technical experience of systems administration for Unix, Linux and Windows OS
- Programming skills, such as C, Perl, csh, would be a distinct advantage.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant experience
If you are interested, please send your CV to Matt Andrews
Keywords: system administrator, Linux, windows, Unix, Ireland, permanent