Mechanical Design Engineer - Windsor
Main Purpose of the Job
Design and development mechanical solutions for a range of innovative 4G broadband wireless products.
1. Design and development of all mechanical aspects of indoor and outdoor 4G broadband wireless products.
2. Produce designs, drawings and specifications to enable procurement of manufactured items and components.
3. Produce general assembly drawings for sub-contract manufacturing of products.
4. Maintain and create bills of materials, using the company project lifecycle management system.
5. Liaise with mechanical and electro-mechanical component suppliers to effect lowest manufactured cost.
6. Perform first article inspection of mechanical components and assemblies.
7. Execute thermal analysis and testing, and structural load calculations.
8. Work in accordance with the company's quality management system and policies.
Education and Experience
1. Minimum Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
2. At least 3 years of experience in product design and development environment.
3. Expertise in development of high volume injection moulded plastic, die-cast, extruded, and sheet metal components.
4. Proficient in 3D modelling and 2D engineering drawings (SolidWorks).
5. Familiar with integration of electronic and RF assemblies.
6. Capable of delivering right-first-time solutions in a fast-paced high-volume environment.
Keywords: Mechanical Engineer, Mechanical Design, Electro-Mechanical, RF, Broadband, Wireless, Windsor, UK