12 month contract
South East England
£40 - £44 p/h
IC Resources are working with a market leading engineering business based in the South East to find a Mechanical Engineer for a period of 12 months. This is a hands on design position and will play an integral part in the team as the interface between the senior engineers and the detail design engineers. Your responsibilities will include:
· Development of designs to satisfy technical specifications and requirements.
· Prepare supporting design calculations to substantiation of designs.
· Check design calculations of designers and other engineers within the team
· Actively contribute to design & safety reviews (Risk Assessments & HAZOP's) from technical standpoint
· Preparation of technical specifications in liaison with client and project team
· Produce design documentation throughout the design process including scope of works, method statements, risk assessments, technical files and other technical documentation to comply with design standards, safety legislation/regulatory requirements and those of the client
· Prepare installation, commissioning and operating documents
· Planning & allocation of workload to members of design team in order to deliver packages of work
· Management of sub-contractors providing niche services to the design.
The successful applicant will have:
· A recognised engineering qualification such as HNC / HND / Degree.
· Membership of a discipline specific Institution (e.g. IMechE; IstructE; IED)
· >5 Years' experience in the role of design in a nuclear environment, or other equivalent highly regulated industry.
· Good understanding of Inventor & AutoCAD.
· Experience in design for manufacture.
· Good knowledge of detail design and detailed drawing production within a high tech industry environment.
· Ability to working to tight deadlines & a strong team player attitude.
· Proven track record of successfully delivering design solutions.
· Good understanding of Statutory and safety Regulations and their appropriate utilisation.
· Proven track record within a project environment with strong organisational and interpersonal skills.
· Customer/client liaison skills and good commercial awareness.
· Demonstrable competence gained in a design delivery position.
· Knowledge of generic mechanical principle such as forces, stresses, materials selection & design principles
Desirable experience includes:
· Inspection, Installation, Commissioning experience (site or planning)
· Management and technical delivery of medium sized design teams in the delivery of scheme / preliminary design packages
· Management of sub-contractors.
· Inventor modelling skills.
· Experience in delivering piping and skid projects.
· Glovebox design and manufacture.
· Strong knowledge and high standards in drafting and drawing checking.
If you fulfil the above criteria and would like further details please contact Sasha Booth at IC Resources.