Principal Design Engineer - Power - Scotland
We are currently looking for a Principal Design Engineer for a permanent position based in Scotland - a unique opportunity working on a varied range of power conversion product developments. The ability to work on projects from initial concept stage, developing the concepts through to final production is a key requirement.
Required skills for this role include a good knowledge of high power. Designing circuits in analogue, power and digital, with a full understanding of circuit operation, debug, diagnose and implement fixes. As well as experience in working in E-CAD (Mentor preferred) for schematic capture and layout/placement, experience in interpretation of customer specs and end use environments and the ability to develop concepts efficiently from limited or vague customer requirements and communicate potential solutions.
Good communication skills. Ability to tailor communications to level and audience at all levels, with proven analytical skills in circuit simulation and thermal analysis. Confidence to work with Customers to develop the technical requirements and then manage these requirements through the product development. Support Engineering management in the development and growth of power conversion designs and programme execution. As well as technical leadership of multi-disciplined engineering teams on major programmes and an understanding of the principles of 6 Sigma and Lean Manufacturing.
Desired Skills include:
* The use of Mentor with some of the following: Constraints Editor; Hyperlynx Power Analysis; SystemVision simulation
* Experience in LT Spice simulation & Orcad simulation would also be advantageous.
* Design of Switch Mode Power Supplies up to 5kW
* Design of Invertor and Power Factor Correction
* Design of Full Bridge, Flyback, Forward topologies or exposure to others
* Design or exposure to FPGA or DSP control
* Design or exposure to using NI Labview
* Precision Analogue Design
* EMC Filter Design
* Reliability and calculation techniques
* Stress & de-rating analysis
* Product Quality Testing
If this position is of interest and you would like some more information please do not hesitate to get in contact as opportunities like these aren't around for long.
Key Words: SMPS, FPGA, DSP, Simulation, Orcad