Principal Electronics Engineer
£50,000 - £60,000
Based in Surrey, the Principal Electronics Engineer will be responsible for the development and compliance of electronic designs for existing and next generation products, which include High Technology optical / semiconductor devices. You will be expected to lead the Electronics team with a focus on development of state of the art technology and be an inspiration to the team of engineers.
Other responsibilities of the Principal Electronics Engineer will include:
- Design, develop, test or modify electronics architectures and products to meet product requirements;
- Prepare and review design documentation in accordance with procedures and instructions, including requirements specification, solution architecture, theory of operation and detailed design, and project plan;
- Assisting in Compliance (EMC, CE, CSA, UL);
- Assist in establishing realistic development schedules and resource requirements including necessary skills, equipment and development tools, PCB manufacturing, components and test facilities costs;
- Testing of key functions to ensure system performance and reliability.
You will have a good relevant degree 2.1 or above, with skills in the following:
*Hardware design, including Digital, Embedded Microprocessor and Analogue Design
*Understanding of real-time and hardware issues
*Use of FPGAs
*An understanding of embedded firmware and C /C++
This role offers an excellent salary with a real opportunity to define products and use your technical knowledge to guide and inspire other Engineers.
Key skills: Digital, Embedded, Analogue, FPGA, Hardware Design, Electronic Design, Principal.