Principal Power Electronics Engineer, UK
We are currently looking for a Principal Power Electronics Engineer, for a permanent role based onsite in Surrey, UK. The main responsibilities for this role will include the design, development and testing of new and existing DC-DC converter products.
The ideal person will have knowledge of power electronic design for DC-DC power conversion with detailed knowledge of different, high efficiency, converter topologies. With the development cycle from specification, design, schematic capture, through to supporting the PCB layout, manufacture and assembly operations with clear instructions and guidance, to initial board testing and release.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- High Voltage (circa 1000V) converter design experience
- Experience with power electronics, transformer magnetic design, different converter topologies and controls theory
- Will have a proven track record of robust DC-DC delivery and meeting tough timing targets
- Are able to design to current best practices in terms of EMC, thermal layout and robustness
- Excellent communication skills and an attention to detail are required
- Have a 2:1 Degree or above in a relevant electrical/ electronic engineering subject
This is an excellent position and won't be around for long, so if this is of interest, please do not hesitate to give me a call or send an email.
Key words: DC-DC, High Voltage, EMC, converter, PCB, transformer