Based in Bristol the Product Definition Specialist will be working on the development of High Speed Optical Technology with a focus on Design, Implementation and Productionisation of Optical Communication Systems.
Responsibilities will include: Ensuring new products are defined with superior features and performance to relative market competition; Planning future technology and strategic product direction for the division; Ensure products are compatible with appropriate standards and customer targets; Supporting various teams, including IC Design, Applications Engineering and System Level Expertise.
The successful candidate will have a good relevant degree with a proven background in:
* High Speed Optical Systems, including PON/FTTH and Ethernet
* High speed optical and electrical measurements in a development lab environment.
* Detailed knowledge of optical modules and sub-systems using DFB lasers and VCSELs
* Proven experience of making high speed optical and electrical measurements in a development lab environment.
* An ability to work well in a team environment. Personable, approachable.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills. An ability to explain complex concepts in an understandable way.
This is a key position for our client and one that requires a dedicated professional with real enthusiasm for technology. They will be rewarded with an excellent salary and a fast career progression.