Senior Mechanical Design Engineer - West Midlands
The company specialises in the development of special purpose machinery, supplying across the UK and Europe. The Senior Mechanical Design Engineer role will be to support the continued design improvements of legacy equipment and some entirely new concept equipment. The company itself is well established and has a proven history of steady growth and are looking to grow through expanding their engineering team.
They are looking for someone with:
* Good Solidworks knowledge
* Preferably degree educated in relevant engineering background (will accept high levels of experience as well).
* Previous industry experience and a proven history of mechanical design
* Previous history of special purpose machinery (preferably heavy equipment:)
* Welding equipment
* High speed spindle equipment
* High speed gearing
* Heavy hydraulic systems
* Able to do stress work/hand calculations
* Able to lead new design projects confidently
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Keywords: Mechanical Design, Special Purpose Machinery, 3D CAD, Solidworks, FEA, Stress, West Midlands, UK