Senior / Principal Mechanical Engineer - Surrey
The position is "hands-on" and involves all aspects of development from specification, analysis, design, optimisation, prototype testing and model verification/ refinement to production sign-off. The position offers the successful candidate the opportunity to work at the forefront of clean technology in the new field of electric vehicles. The key responsibilities of the role are to:
* Generate ideas for improvements to the mechanical and thermal design of electric motors and their integration in vehicles
* Lead projects to develop, test and analyse motor design improvements
* Develop high-level concept designs to support feasibility work with prospective customers
* Detail specifications from outline briefs into fully controlled documents
* Liaise with suppliers on specification/ availability of materials and keeping abreast with latest technologies for electromagnetic/thermal design.
* Analyse test results and solidly identify root causes of failures
* Provide technical support to other departments, both in the UK and China, as and when required.
* Use DFMEA as a primary base for new systems design
Beneficial Knowledge and Experience
* Outstanding undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering or related
* Experience in Engineering Analysis including FEA and CFD
* CAD and drawing generation, preferably Solidworks
* Experience in Automotive Powertrain design and development, ideally in Electric Motors/Generators
* Demonstrable experience of delivering novel design solutions to complex problems.
* Broad knowledge across all aspects of product definition, design and validation.
* Experience of multi-site, cross functional teams
* Further degree (MSc/PhD) an advantage
Keywords: Senior Mechanical Engineer, Principal Mechanical Engineer, FEA, CFD, 3D CAD, Automotive, Electro-Mechanical, Surrey, UK