IC-Resources has an urgent requirement for a Senior System Architect Automotive Ethernet for our multi-national client based in Germany. This is a Senior position and candidates do not need to be based in Germany and can work from home but must be prepared to travel to Hamburg on a regular basis (10% to 20%).
Applicants will need to have High speed auto experience and ideally audio, video and/or infotainment. The role is more Software focused and can encompass any car networking topology. The successful candidates will be working directly with OEM's and they will need to be able to influence and advise the OEM's at system level. It is important that candidates are capable of adding value to the OEM's. The person will also work with Business Development and Marketing and they could be working with likes of Google, Tesla etc.
* Be a Technical leader in Ethernet car networking at physical, data link and preferably also at higher OSI level
* Analyse trends for car high-speed communication and develop system requirements in the scope of 3-7 years
* Oversee HW, SW aspects in car networking including Microcontroller architectures
* Run customer programs resulting in new architecture proposals for high-speed car communication
* Underpin feasibility of new architectures by data generation using suitable methods like traffic simulation
* Cooperate with other innovation teams within own company and within car makers
* Automotive culture is well experienced, able to connect also to architects of emerging car makers
* Be a key peer for business development working on strategic directions
* Participate in technical lobby and standardization work, convince with thought leadership
* University degree in Electronics, Communications, Computer Science, or similar
* 5 years + of experience in Automotive electronics
* Track record in the development of high-speed communication systems
* Overall a passion for new technology with a broad technical knowledge
* Ability to interact with a diverse range of colleagues and customers, across cultures
* Independent working style, willingness to listen and to adapt, open for new ideas
* Very good communication skills and a collaborative mind-set
* Experience to act as technical leader, advising architects
* Fluent in English is necessary
If you think you have the skills and experience to fulfil the role or would like more information please do not hesitate to contact Seamus Hayes at IC Resources.
Keywords: Germany, Automotive, Architect, Ethernet, Audio, Software, Automotive, Video, Infotainment, Microcontroller