My client, based in Cambridge, are urgently seeking a Senior Systems Administrator. Working alongside their exsiting software development team, you will be part of the design and build systems for product development, this could range from; new application delivery, compute capacity, virtual machine provision, sales demo systems, manufacturing requirements and product-facing web applications that scale.
The successful applicant will have 5+ years experience in a similar position and an honours degree or relevant industry qualification, alongside the following experience;
* Solid grounding in core networking technologies such as Layer 2 switching, VLANs, DNS and DHCP. Knowledge of Wi-Fi technologies such as WPA Enterprise would be useful.
* Technology such as NFS, LDAP, NIS, Samba, RADIUS, Subversion, GIT, Sun Gridware, MySQL, Apache & NGINX
* Strong knowledge of VMWare ESX and vCenter.
* Flex LM license manager administration.
* Active Directory.
* Storage Area Networks including fibre channel.
* Developing and maintaining scripts in a variety of languages including Shell, Python, Ruby on Rails and Perl.
* Use of REST APIs and data processing of JSON and XML. Occasional use of Powershell may also be required.
* Use of technologies such as Load Balancers to build resilient scalable applications.
* Experience of Configuration Management tools such as Ansible, Chef & Puppet.
* ELK (Elastic Search, Logstash and Kibana).
Any experience in the following would also be highly advantageous;
* Knowledge of Agile processes using Atlassian JIRA.
* GIT (specifically Atlassian Bitbucket) both as a user and administrator
* Checkpoint Firewalls leveraging site to site and remote access VPNs.
* Continuous Integration tools such as Buildbot, Jenkins etc.
* Desktop applications such as Microsoft Office, Lync, Visio, Project, Slack etc.
* Working in a DevOps environment.
For more information or to apply please contact Georgina @ IC Resources.
Key words: Senior Systems Administrator, Cambridge, JIRA, Networking, Software, Layer 2, Switching, VLAN, DNS, DHCP, Wi-Fi, VMWare, XML, JSON, Python, Shell, Administrator, Internet of Things. IoT, Rest API, Ruby, GIT, Jenkins, Microsoft, Cambridgeshire