Shielding Design Engineer
12-18 month contract
Rate negotiable depending on experience
IC Resources are working with a global business to find a Shielding Design Engineer for a long term contract. The role will involve:
* Designing radiation shielding for ionizing radiation protection from beta particles above 0.2 MeV
* Working closely with R&D Physicist during design to analyse simulation results to refine the design.
* Taking ownership of your design from requirements specification to implementation in production.
* Clearly defining, documenting and specifying the quality standard of shielding required for a repeatable manufacturing process.
* Working closely with suppliers to define the manufacturing process and acceptance criteria.
* Specifying shielding design to exceed recognised standards for safe operation by our customers.
The successful applicant will have:
* A degree in Mechanical or Nuclear Engineering with proven shielding design skills.
* Experience designing radiation shielding for industrial machinery in a relevant field (Medical, Nuclear, Industrial X-Ray)
* Implementing state of the art techniques for shielding design and manufacturing
* Excellent communication skill to present and document your design and to provide clear and appropriate communication to suppliers to project team members.
* Good time planning skills for design and working with suppliers during the development process
If you fulfil the above criteria and would like further details please contact Sasha Booth at IC Resources.