Senior Software Engineer - Software Tools
My successful Cambridgeshire based client who are market leaders in their field, requires a Senior Engineer within Software Tools to develop, test and maintain a suite of tools for configuring, developing, testing and debugging software for their range of wireless technologies.
The Tools include GUI applications and Command Line Utilities for Windows, Linux and Android and are used by the customers as well as internal development and test teams.
As Senior Software Engineer you will be expected to take ownership of a major component of a project and are responsible for delivering the software within agreed timescales with minimal supervision.
As Senior Engineer, Software Tools you will:
* Develop, test and deliver new software of major scale and complexity to agreed timescales
* Maintain and improve existing software
* Investigate, debug and fix complex problems
* Proactively help to identify, record, prioritise and track requirements
* Design solutions to meet requirements
* Estimate effort and resources required to complete tasks
* Deliver high quality software
* Conduct peer reviews (Design, Code, Test, and Documentation)
* Document solutions by creating user/developer guides, code comments and clear code
As Senior Engineer, Software Tools, you will have:
* Degree (or equivalent qualification/experience) in maths/science/software/electronics
* Excellent C++ or Java
* Linux and Android app development experience
* Appreciation of issues involved in debugging embedded real time systems
* Knowledge of the complete software lifecycle
* Effective team player
You will also have a good understanding of:
o Software architecture and design.
o Configuration management.
Any of the following would be beneficial for the Software Engineer to have experience with:
* Windows application development
* Perl, python or another modern scripting language
* Experience developing cross-platform applications
* Understanding of Linux 802.11 and Bluetooth stack
* Knowledge of protocol test systems and techniques
This is an excellent opportunity for a Software Engineer experienced with Software Tools to join a leading organisation in Cambridgeshire. If this post is of interest to you then please contact Shannon Pocock @ IC Resources.
Keywords: C++, Java, GUI, Linux, Windows, Android, command line, Software, Engineer, Senior, application, test, debugging, Cambridge