Title: Technical Author (Part-time)
Salary: £35-40k (pro-rata) - depending on level of experience
Growing tech company in Oxford is looking to hire an experienced Technical Author. The position is envisaged as being part time and flexible at around 2-3 days per week.
You will be responsible for the delivery and ongoing maintenance of the company's product / user assistance documentation,
The main duties of the Technical Author will be:
- Delivering accurate and high quality, technical end-user publications either as modern hypertext online web documents or discrete files.
- Ensuring key API documents are created either manually or by augmenting auto-extraction tools. These are for use by the Development team and external partners.
- Developing company documentation guidelines and standards.
- Contributing proposals and solutions to raise the quality of the documentation and continuously developing standards and best practices.
- Proof reading and peer reviewing.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Proven ability to design and develop high quality technical materials.
- Good knowledge of IT and software.
- Adobe RoboHelp for future development of web based help.
- Adobe Acrobat
- Microsoft Office
- A knowledge of GIS and mapping technologies is an asset.
- Degree/HND in a technical, communications or English discipline.
If you are interested and have the required skills, please send your CV to Matt Andrews at IC Creative
Keywords: Technical Author, Oxford, permanent, part-time, documentation