Technical Director - Edinburgh
IC Creative is currently working with an exciting growing mobile tech company within the positioning and navigation space and are searching for a Technical Director to strengthen their senior management team in Edinburgh.
The role will involve:
- Leading a multi-disciplined R&D team
- Taking a lead role in technical decision-making and being 'hands-on' at a high technical level
- Working closely with the VP Engineering on all technical decision-making processes
- Providing a commercial focus to the technology and its delivery
- Working closely with customers and assisting with the business development process.
Key skills/experience required:
- The ability to work at a technical, strategic and tactical level.
- Track record of commercial delivery within an R&D environment.
- In-depth hands-on technical/software development background in a range of the following areas: Location, Positioning, Navigation, Mapping, Geo-Location & other related areas.
- Technical experience in mobile apps - iOS, Android
- Cloud & Web technical experience would also be welcome
- Extensive experience combining R&D, software/product development, testing and delivery within commercial constraints
- Strong track record of successfully managing technical teams.
- Strong product management experience through the complete lifecycle.
- Willingness to travel is essential
- A hands-on, entrepreneurial approach
This is a great opportunity to play a key role in the growth of this exciting company as it expands globally.
Please send your CV and details to Matt Andrews at IC Creative if you are interested.
Key words: Technical, Director, Mobile, Positioning, Navigation, app, manager, development.