An exciting opportunity has become available near Birmingham for an Electrical Systems Engineer to join an organisation focused on the design of cutting edge next-generation energy technology, used in industrial applications.
The primary focus of the Electrical Systems Engineer will be to work closely with the hardware and software teams to design and implement test rigs to test power electronics technology and battery systems.
Other responsibilities of the role include:
- Debugging and solving hardware problems.
- Interfacing with external stakeholders.
- Troubleshoot and develop solutions for firmware issues.
- Design and document electrical system product and electrical safety strategy.
- Design electrical safety systems and means of protection, including consideration of the safety impact of/to infrastructure that may be present in the product operating environments.
The successful applicant will have a degree in electrical engineering and a proven background in the following:
- The use of simulation tools (Simulink, LTSpice).
- PCB CAD Tools.
- Proficient in electrical test equipment (e.g., power supplies, electronic loads, Oscilloscopes).
- 12VDC systems, 50VDC high current battery systems, 240V single phase and 415V 3-phase systems (including phase balancing), working with power >10 kW and voltages >5 kV.
If this Electrical Systems Engineer vacancy is of interest, then please do not hesitate to get in contact as opportunities like these are not around for long. Contact Stuart Bennett at IC Resources.
I specialise in Power Electronics Engineer and Switch-mode power supply design jobs in the UK, EU and US and I am more than happy to offer any help or advice so feel free to call or email anytime for a confidential conversation.