International applications are welcome!
A new opportunity for a Chip Architect has become available in a Semiconductor company that develops signal chain ICs at highest industry standards which are used in a variety of end products.
In this role you will be technical owner of new product developments and part of a development team which is responsible for utilizing and developing IC design competencies in sub-micron IC technologies and Plastic and Wafer Level Packaging. You are responsible for developing IC architectures and IP roadmap, drive design, simulation, layout and documentation of advanced Signal Chain IC’s for products like are Analog and Data Switches, Voltage Translators, I2C and I3C Interface IC’s operating at very low supply voltages and lowest power consumption. Your responsibilities will include the following:
The successful Chip Architect has the following skills and experience:
- Partner with internal and external customers on requirements and product solutions
- Develop new and differentiating architectures, perform feasibility studies, compare competitor solutions and define IP roadmap
- Translate product requirements into IC solutions while trading off performance, area and cost
- Work daily in local multi-functional teams of package architects, design engineers, device physicist, test and product engineers, product manager and project leader
- Communicate with foundry and subcon engineering support groups to achieve technical insights in IC process and package technology capability and methods for product introductions
- Act as an accountable technical lead in complex projects, schedule and take ownership of tasks, manage design team and update daily report of progress to team and project leaders
- Perform actual design, optimisation and simulations of IC blocks and top-level circuits using Synopsys/Cadence tools and target First Time Right designs
- Carrying out IP bench validation and support product and test engineering with the validation of datasheet parameters
- Perform design reviews, evaluations, characterisation and test results
- Masters’ degree or PhD in Electronic Engineering
- 10+ years’ experience in Analog (Mixed Signal) Circuit Design and related design flows
- Experienced with signal ICs
- Full competence with all aspects of Analog design and affinity with digital designs
- Experienced in CMOS and BCD processes of the Semiconductor industry
- Experience in Plastic Package and Wafer Level Package technologies
- A thorough understanding of Semiconductor Physics and Device operation
- Feeling for industrialisation and reporting
- Experience as Technical Lead and Analog Mixed Signal design
For more information about the role and requirements, please get in touch with Ane @ IC Resources with your CV and a time for an initial call.