Senior Optoelectronics Engineer
Our client is an Oxford-based start-up focused on the development of optical neural networks (ONNs). With the modern-day AI revolution coming with ever-increasing computational demands, optical computing offers orders of magnitude improvements in performance and power efficiency.
They spun out of the world-leading experimental optics research group at the University of Oxford with the vision of developing end-to-end all-optical neural networks where the information flow and calculations are minimally reliant on electronic processing.
With investment from IP Group and Runa Capital, we are now looking to grow, so join us now! JOB DESCRIPTION
They are seeking a Senior Optoelectronics Engineer to join our Oxford laboratory based at the Wood Centre for Innovation, Headington, Oxford. As a Senior Optoelectronics Engineer, you will drive our innovations and develop state-of-the-art optical neural network applications. Working closely with our team of talented scientists, you will have the opportunity to take a project all the way from first experiments to a real-world highly scalable solution.
Following our recent demonstration of the world-leading optical matrix-vector multiplier, you will be responsible for developing, building, and testing ONNs with capabilities beyond anything created before. ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work on the development of our optical neural networks under the guidance of our technical lead.
- Design Optical Transceivers and Optical Fibre Systems
- Design Optoelectronic systems for highspeed data generation and acquisition
- Experience with highspeed signal processing, DSP.
- Contributing new IP to the field of optical neural networks
- A Master’s degree in physics, engineering, or a related field. A PhD is a plus.
- Deep knowledge of experimental and physical optics evidenced by prior projects or publications.
- Experience in optoelectronic systems and optical transceivers
- Signal processing and signal modulation.
- An understanding of neural networks and machine learning is a plus.