A world leading company seeks an RF IC Systems engineer to join the Analog/RF systems team to define radio systems for applications including; smartphones, tablets and IOT devices.
Based in the technology hub of Cambridge, UK the RF IC Systems engineer will be involved in the definition of system architecture solutions for Wi-Fi and Bluetooth radios and will work closely with experienced RF IC systems architects, modem systems and radio optimisation teams. You will be working as part of a global team and the role will include communication with and occasional travel to other design centres across the world.
- Working on the definition of radio architectures & circuit design specifications of the circuit blocks e.g. Tx, Rx
- Working on the production of system models for verification and verifying the circuit simulation results
- Documentation and presentation of specifications and system simulation
- Working in the laboratory taking ownership of complex optimisation issues in silicon bring-up and root-cause debugging
Industry degree qualified, you will have excellent communication and team-working skills along with strong problem solving skills. Experience in RF IC Design in CMOS is required for the position!
- Some knowledge of architectures and line-ups for Transmit, Receive and Local Oscillator used in RFIC solutions for highly integrated Wi-Fi/BT transceiver platforms
- A working knowledge of radio platform architectures for mobile connectivity e.g. RF IC TRx, FEM, Filters, Switches, PMIC
- Familiarity with modelling and specification tools for Radio Systems, e.g. Matlab
- Familiarity with laboratory test equipment and setting up complex measurement experiments
- Familiarity of RF layer of standards for Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and BLE
- Experience of system integration within a multi-domain environment, e.g. analogue, firmware & digital
If you are looking to develop experience at delivering industry beating products in mobile communications – outperforming the competition in radio performance, power consumption and silicon area then this could be the role for you.
Contact Leon at IC Resources today.