Senior Applications Engineer now needed in Central Bristol. Working closely with sales, product management and R&D teams the Senior Applications Engineer will provide technical support to enable customers to design our clients silicon and software products into their products.
Ideal Senior Applications Engineers will have at least five years experience in a technical field with competence in C programming, basic knowledge of linux, experience in the development and debugging of real-time embedded systems. You must have excellent communication skills and be happy and confident engaging with customers technical teams. An ability to present and explain technical information is also required.
In addition to the above any of the following technical skills would be really useful:
- Working knowledge of 3GPP LTE and/or 5G physical and upper layers.
- Experience working with technical standards for telecoms and/or networking.
- Experience of IEEE1588 Precision Time Protocol.
- An understanding of Ethernet and IP networking.
- Experience with digital interfacing and bus standards, e.g. PCIe, I2C, SPI, SERDES.
- Experience using RF test equipment including vectors signal generation and analysis.
- Experience of electronic hardware design.
- Experience in using modern software development methodologies, including version and configuration control systems, continuous development and continuous integration.
This role will involve working very closely with new customers, evaluating products and maintaining support relationships with established customers - this may involve some travel if needed.
Please get in touch for more details or send your CV to Emma Windows at IC Resources.