- Senior Staff IT Engineer Where
- Based in Cambridge, our client will offer a hybrid model of working from home and within the office When
- Actively seeking appropriate profiles now Why
- Our multinational client is enabling a world where everyone and everything can be intelligently connected. You interact with products and technologies made possible by this client every day, including 5G-enabled smartphones that double as pro-level cameras and gaming devices, smarter vehicles and cities, and the technology behind the smart, connected factories that manufactured your latest purchase.
As a Senior Staff IT Engineer your responsibilities will be broad and include:
- Driving product roadmap, backlog, prioritising needs, overseeing product implementation and primary liaison to engineering across all Source Code Management and DevOps tool sets for the enterprise and engineering.
- Assessing the systems architecture currently in place and working with technical staff to recommend solutions to improve it.
- Resolving technical problems as they arise.
- Continually researching current and emerging technologies and proposing changes where needed.
- Informing various stakeholders about any problems with the current technical solutions being implemented.
- Assessing the business impact that certain technical choices have.
- Providing updates to stakeholders on product development processes.
- Identify industry best practices and draft standards for design and implementation of automation workflows.
- Solutioning and architecture for new solutions and improving resilience of the current environment.
- Integrating various tools in the DevOps toolchain to accelerate Engineering Tool team's velocity while maintaining high standards for quality and consistency
Technologies and Key Knowledge
- Knowledge and Experience in supporting Source Code Management platforms (Perforce, Gerrit, Gitlab, GitHub, Clearcase, DesignSync etc.) as well as Contemporary DevOps Tools and release systems is required.
- Proven experience in leading implementation of systems in large enterprises.
- Strong understanding of globally distributed fault-tolerant systems.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Well versed with Agile and SDLC processes
- Ability to multitask effectively in a dynamic environment.
- Top notch verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Skills in creating architecture designs diagrams.
- Intellectual curiosity, positive attitude, flexibility, analytical ability, self-motivation, and team-oriented
- Strong computer science concepts
If you think you fit the bill or would like to discuss other IT roles, I would love to speak with you. Please get in touch with Jonathan Courtney at IC Resources.