My rapidly expanding client within the Networking/Wireless sector has an urgent requirement for an experienced Software Architect to join its Network Management team based in Bristol. This is initially a home working role and they are offering a superb salary package plus benefits.
As an experienced Software Architect, you will be leading the specification and software architecture of the Network Management Software particularly within cloud-based network configuration and monitoring services for their wireless system products. Skills and Experience
- Software engineering, with experience as a software architect, senior developer and/or software team leader, developing software for complex communicating embedded products (e.g. networking equipment or set-top-boxes).
- Software Architecture, preferably with experience of specifying and architecting software for networking equipment.
- Maintaining hands-on skills in Linux system administration, command shells, shell-scripting, C/C++ programming and Python.
- A working knowledge of cloud-based software delivery and issues.
- A working knowledge of relevant device management protocols (e.g. SNMP, Netconf, OpenFlow).
- Ecosystem of open-source components for Linux-based networking, with working knowledge of some of the following:
- Linux computer networking projects (e.g. FD.io, Open vSwitch, DPDK, FRR).
- System monitoring and data visualization tools (e.g. Grafana, InfluxDB and ELK stack).
- Web application frameworks – front-end and back-end (e.g. Django, Bootstrap, React).
- Database software (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- Ideally, domain knowledge of IEEE 802.11 wireless systems and RF concepts, from work experience in the telecommunications sector.
- A degree in a relevant Engineering discipline (Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electronic Engineering) or other numerate degree (e.g. Mathematics or Physics).
This is an exceptional opportunity and to apply or for more information or please contact Seamus Hayes at IC Resources.