MEMS and Characterisation Contractor
Leuven, Flemish Brabant
Salary is dependant on experience.
Applicants MUST be located within BELGIUM or able to work on site for 5 days per week (40h).
You will characterise novel MEMS systems in existing technologies and technologies under development. More specifically, the existing team is working on a new MEMS system composed of actuators and sensors which need to reach extremely challenging accuracy in extreme environment.
Your job will be to take part of these activities and drive the characterisation effort.
- You will execute the characterisation of different components, electrically, mechanically and optically, and report out.
- You will be part of building new setups for short-term testing as well as long-term reliability, and provide documentation.
- You will develop documented measurement automation scripts and data processing algorithms for the most time-intensive challenges.
- You will collaborate with specialists from our cross-disciplinary design and technology teams.
- Master's or PhD degree in Mechanics or Electrical Engineering.
- Proven experience in hands-on MEMS characterisation.
- understanding of SMU, impedance analyser, automated prober, laser Doppler vibrometer, white light interferometer, FemtoTools, microphone, hydrophone, lock-in amplifier.
- in Python scripting for automation and data processing
- using MATLAB scripting for data processing in creative problem-solving
- Understanding of MEMS fabrication. (Desired)
- Understanding of ultrasound transducers. (Desired)
- Team player with competent reporting and communication skills.
- Expert knowledge of English is mandatory.
Duration: 6 months +
If interested in the position or you would like more information, please get in touch with Imogen Hunter.
Related rolesSearch all our jobs
Hardware Design Authority Engineer
Salary is dependant on experience and on site availability.
Analog Layout CAD Contractor
Salary is dependant on experience and commitment to on site working
Photonics Contractor: Microwave Photonics/PIC
Salary is dependant on location and experience