1 day per week in office
I am seeking a Principal Verification Engineer to join a company based in Cambridge where you will be producing high-quality, security-focused, open, and flexible IP. Their expertise includes the LLVM Compiler, novel hardware security extensions and RISC-V tools, hardware and processor design.
This is a great opportunity for a Principal Verification Engineer who wants to be involved across the full verification cycle from initial planning to final tapeout and be part of a business where you will work collaboratively with not only company employees but external partners and Engineers across the globe.
The Principal Verification Engineer will have the opportunity to apply industrial-strength design verification to high quality open-source code bases. You will be working on the verification of the range of open-source designs they are producing. This includes a RISC-V core, a separate special purpose CPU for cryptographic operations, an AES accelerator and a variety of peripherals (such as USB, I2C and SPI).
Part of the role will be to Design, implement and debug block-level and system-level tests and testbenches using SystemVerilog and UVM.
Being in a small team, you will get the opportunity to be involved in lots of different elements of both Design and Verification work.
- 5 years+ prior industry experience of design verification including significant SystemVerilog and UVM usage
- Experience across the full verification cycle from initial planning to final tapeout
- Comfortable working with engineers across multiple organisations in multidisciplinary teams
- Broad experience range with background across multiple types of hardware blocks
- Understanding of security countermeasures against attacks such as fault injection or side-channel analysis
- Experience working with the RISC-V ISA or other instruction sets
- Programming using C and/or Python in tests and automation
- Formal verification with tools such as Jasper Gold
On offer will be a range of benefits including a competitive salary within the range of £61,000 - £94,000, Hybrid working, a leading pension contribution and sabbaticals for length of service.
For more information and a confidential discussion, please contact Rachel Mason.
Related rolesSearch all our jobs
ASIC Design Engineer - VPU
Base salary + bonus + hybrid working
ASIC Design Lead/Principal Engineer
Bristol, Cambridgeshire, England
£75,000 - £120,000 + Bonus (Base dependent on experience)
Senior Verification Engineer
Buckinghamshire, Northamptonshire, England
£55,000 - £75,000 depending on experience + stock options