This is a superb opportunity to join a 2-year-old start-up who are in partnership with many of Bristol’s established semiconductor companies! My client is currently developing chips and associated software and system solutions for 5G infrastructure.
This is a company which moves with the times and due to current world pandemics is offering flexible working as well as excellent salaries and a competitive benefits package. This is an ideal time to join a company where personal growth is encouraged and a role where you could be truly instrumental in business success. The role
You will be involved in a small team developing semiconductor devices, from architecture down through RTL and working closely with back-end designers, both inside and outside the company. I have vacancies for people with overall experience ranging from 2-3 years through to several decades. Requirements
The essential requirements are:
- Experience of SoC design.
- Demonstrate an ability to solve complex SoC design problems.
- Demonstrate the ability to work within a team with minimum supervision.
In addition, candidates must have hands-on experience of some of the following. We aim to cover all these areas within the team, but not within one person. So if you tick some of these I would like to hear from you!
- Architectural specification of complex digital chips.
- Working with external IP and IP suppliers.
- Working with external design houses.
- Buses (AXi3, 4, APB, etc) and Networks on Chip.
- Integration of complex DSP and scalar processors.
- Memory hierarchies.
- RTL design (we will primarily use Verilog).
- Top-level chip integration, including high-speed SerDes, pad-ring design.
- Test methodologies (using JTAG, scan, memory BIST).
- DDR interfaces, PCIe, Ethernet and other SerDes-based communications.
- Knowledge of wireless systems (eg: 3GPP, WiFi).
- EDA tool flows and scripting (eg: in Python).
- C and/or C++ and/or System C.
- Place and route.
- Timing analysis and timing closure.
- Chip bring-up, silicon and system debug.
For a confidential discussion and more information please contact Rachel Mason at IC Resources.