I have an exciting new opportunity become available for a Field Applications Engineer for High Power technologies to be based in Cambridge. Please note this role is more applications biased and not sales, and my client is looking for a Design Engineer that is happy moving into this type of role.
The Field Applications Engineer for High Power will be responsible for providing the highest quality technical support to customers during the design and after sales phases. The product line that you will be responsible for is mainly IGBT’s and MOSFET’s so you, the Applications Engineer for High power will need to be an expert in IGBT’s and MOSFET devices used in power systems. Responsibilities of the role
- High Voltage testing of products in a lab setting
- Offer on-site customer support
- Undertake board reference designs
- schematic capture and printed circuit board design and layout
- Understanding gate driver design and adaption to power semiconductor devices.
To be considered for this Field Applications Engineer vacancy, you should have a deep technical background in Power Electronics and a degree in electrical engineering. Other desired skills include:
- Experience with circuit design and layout of PCB’s
- Experience in the characterisation of gate drivers, power semiconductors and inverter systems
- Salary circa - £55k to £67k depending on seniority
- Health care
- Relocation assistance
- Bonus scheme
If this Field Applications Engineer for High Power is of interest, then please apply with an up-to-date CV and contact information.