I'm working with a global provider of Audio DSP Software solutions for the Consumer Electronics, IoT, Automotive and Semiconductor industries looking to hire a Product Development Engineer.
The product development engineer will commercialise audio processing technology. You will be taking algorithms developed by the R&D team and productise them so that they are easy to integrate and support. You will be measuring and improving the performance of algorithms and testing in different use cases with an eye towards efficient implementation. You will also need to develop tools to measure performance and quickly tune the algorithms for different product configurations.
The primary responsibilities for this position are:
- Algorithm simulation and verification in Matlab
- POC development on various DSP and SoC architectures for voice, voice communication, and audio playback applications
- Developing enhancements to our DSP solutions enabling easier integration and debugging of customer problems
- Collaborating with other teams to ensure that technologies are easy to integrate and support
- Performance measurement, analysis and benchmarking. Making improvements by changes to algorithms or tuning
- Designing test plans and developing test automation.
- Envisioning and developing collateral material to help make our products easier to learn. This includes developing and communicating reference audio processing designs and refining formal product documentation
- Create clear and thorough documentation
- Summarise and present technical data to fellow engineers and management team
- Documenting software, solutions, and building upon our internal knowledge base
- Working directly with lead customers on initial technology integration
- Perform additional tasks as assigned
Beyond these responsibilities you will have the latitude to grow professionally and apply yourself in many domains. As the team and business grows, so will the responsibilities of this candidate.