The key function of the role is to undertake sales prospecting to find and develop new customers for both the company's own products and also electronic hardware design, software design, and manufacturing services for customers.
- To achieve required levels of product sales at target margin contribution based on agreed company objectives.
- To achieve required levels of design and manufacturing sales at target margin contribution based on agreed company objectives.
- Winning new customers with profitable sales in agreed selected markets
- Setting up meetings with new customers & then managing the new accounts.
- Pursue potential new product or IP opportunities in selected markets.
- Creation and management of sales proposals and quotes.
- International and UK travel for meetings and trade shows.
- Liaise with operations and accounts departments as required regarding shipments, credit status, and payments.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Generating new sales leads and prospects.
- Sales and account management
- Negotiation skills, both within the company and external to the company.
- Telephone prospecting for new clients.
- Technical background in Physics and/or Electronic Engineering/Design is essential.