Buyer – Permanent, Worcester.
This is a great opportunity to join the procurement function in a leading manufacturing company. Job Summary:
Procurement of materials, parts and services for field erected and factory assembled towers, warranty and spares. To track and expediate all materials for the UK factory assembled product and to process financial invoices/sales orders/costing issues. Responsibilities:
- Running the exception report in SAP to capture unwanted purchases.
- Procurement of all UK specified materials for field erected projects, as well as materials for warranty, aftermarket and factory assembled projects.
- Tracking and reporting on incoming parts relating to the build schedule and forecast.
- Highlighting any issues or potential problems with UK purchased parts at the weekly Supply chain outlook meeting.
- Processing orders on QTC and SAP systems.
- Booking in orders for labour/services and all materials that do not deliver directly to the Worcester plant.
- Creating and monitoring shortage reports for all parts.
- Arranging transport for the collection of materials from Europe, Asia and the USA.
- Managing the delivery of stock from offsite storage locations to the Worcester plant (as well as conducting a stock take) and co-ordinating the transport of materials to and from local suppliers.
- Identifying any rectifying issues with customer sales orders to ensure invoices can be raised for work carried out by SPX. Recognizing areas for improvement and implementing process improvements.
- Support Training new starters on the procurement functions of the SAP system.
- Run Strategic Sourcing projects to reduce cost and improve supplier base.
- Educated to degree level
- Experience in supply chain
- Experience of the SAP ERP system
- Must have experience in manufacturing
- Experience with the procurement of sheet metal, plastic, and electronic components
APPLY NOW! Or contact Roberta Wright from IC Resources!