A new position has arisen for a CAD Support Engineer to join the Methodology, CAD and IT team within a large multinational company working on imaging.
Located in their established Edinburgh design centre, you will be tasked with providing CAD Support to the Digital IC Design and Verification teams. You will be involved in supporting, improving and developing CAD flows and tools to help guarantee first time silicon success.
The ideal candidate should have a strong CAD background within a Digital or Mixed Signal IC Design team, coupled with extensive IT experience.
Experience is required in some or all of the following:
- An understanding of CAD Flows, software and tools, Digital Front End Design, Digital Verification, design reuse and IP concepts.
- Good knowledge on data management with Designsync, also SVN and Git.
- Experience with UNIX operating system and proficiency with csh/bash.
- Python development experience.
Knowledge of the following is ideal:
- Continuous Integration/Delivery environments, in particular Jenkins.
- Computer Farms (e.g LSF).
- Database setup/admin (MySQL).
- Application Lifecycle Management platforms (e.g Tuleap Codex)
- Bug tracking, Product Lifecycle Management, Project Management systems.
The successful CAD Support Engineer will have experience from within a similar position and have excellent team working skills along with the ability to learn quickly and autonomously able to show enthusiasm, energy and an open mind to learn new technologies. A good level of English and experience working with international teams. Good communication skills to interface with support requests, customers, design teams, project managers, EDA vendors etc.
Good presentation skills to communicate new tools is required with basic project management techniques to help manage large projects ideal.
Contact Leon at IC Resources today to apply and find out more.