CPU Design Verification Engineer working for a global semiconductor company in the City of Cambridge.
As a Design Verification Engineer, you will work with chip architects to validate the concepts of CPU and SOC level micro-architecture. You will work on a selected part of the CPU design verification to ensure that it functions to the standards of being launch ready. This is a superb time to join my client as they embark on new projects and technologies specifically targeting CPU. I am looking for Verification Engineers who will work with CPU and SOC architects to understand concept and high-level system requirements. Other responsibilities to include;
- Develop detailed test and coverage plans based on the architecture and micro-architecture
- Develop verification methodology, ensuring scalable and portable environment
- Develop verification environment, including all the respective components such as stimulus, checkers, assertions, trackers, coverage
- Develop verification plans and test benches for your area
- Execute verification plans, including design bring-up, DV environment bring-up, regression enabling for all features under your care, debug of the test failures
- Track and report DV progress using a variety of metrics, including bugs and coverage
To be successful in this role you will need to have a deep knowledge in processor verification function and architecture, in areas such as cache coherence, memory ordering and consistency as well as experience leading a team.
Other preferred experiences include;
- Knowledge in Random Instruction Sequencing (RIS) and testing associated as block/unit and chip level for proving correctness
- Advanced techniques such as formal, assertions, and silicon bringup a plus
- In-depth knowledge of processor function, architecture, and micro-architecture
- Experience in writing test plans, portable benches, transactors, and assembly
- Experience with many different verification methodologies and tools such as simulators, coverage collection, gate level simulation, waveform viewers, or even mixed signal verification
- Able to develop and work independently on a block/unit of the design
As a top company you can expect to have a competitive salary, RSU’s, bonus scheme and hybrid working model. For more information please contact Rachel Mason at IC Resources.