The Cables Business manager role requires a high level of technical knowledge of cable assembly and interconnect added value. Therefore you must be able to demonstrate an understanding of technical drawings and be capable of advising customers at the design stage of their application.
You must have a high level of knowledge of a wide range of design applications and materials used in cable assembly and ‘box build’, as you will utilise these skills in identifying customer opportunity, advising customers in design and assembly methods and securing new business.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Maintain and grow to budgeted targets the entire cable assembly/added value business unit (currently around £7m)
- Manage and develop key existing strategic customers and identify and develop new opportunities with these customers
- Engage actively at all times with the sales team and sister companies to identify and develop targets for new Cable Assembly/added value opportunities among existing customers and programmes.
- Work closely with colleagues across the group to develop cross-selling opportunities
- Provide reliable forecast data for the business unit
- Coordinate closely with Customer Services to meet customer expectations, providing an excellent standard of customer support.
- Fulfil the Product management function of advising : pricing levels, product rationalisation, new product development, opportunity attractiveness, customer communication and promotion.
- Report sales performance through key performance indicators
- Work closely with the Engineering, Operations and Planning departments to ensure orders can be fulfilled in line with client expectations
- Contribute to the annual strategic planning exercise with clear strategic growth plans for the business unit
- Maintain a proven understanding of product information and the ability to advise customers on the most suitable products
- Develop and maintains multi-level business relationships, often with senior management.
- Develop sales strategies for territory or region, identifying opportunities for increasing sales and/or new business.
- Monitor market trends
- Travel – ability to travel up to 80% of role, primarily within the UK