Superb flexible working DFT opportunity for an engineer to join my clients growing ASIC Implementation team. Flexible working is considered for UK nationals – for EU and non-EU nationals you MUST relocate to the UK.
The ideal candidate will have a strong academic record and 5-10 years’ experience in Design for Test (DFT) within digital and mixed-signal ASIC/SoC development.
You will be familiar with the challenges of architect, specifying, and implementing DFT within complex ASIC/SoC designs, most of which include power management, memories, and Analog IP elements such as PLLs, ADC/DAC, and SerDes PHY’s. You will also have experience with automatic and manual test-pattern generation flows, fault coverage analysis, and MBIST implementation.
The candidate should have customer and supplier-facing experience and excellent communication skills. Key Tasks / Responsibilities
Key skills / Background
- Take full-flow ownership of all DFT, MBIST, and test-pattern generation for complex digital and mixed-signal ASIC designs on an as-needed basis to meet customer project requirements.
- Setup, run, and maintain EDA tool flows relating to DFT, MBIST, and test pattern generation.
- Keep up to date with all aspects of ASIC Test methodology and best-practice to ensure that company expertise and services are always current and appropriate for each customer project.
Some specific skills in DFT implementation
- 1st or 2.1 Electronics, Physics or relevant subject from a Tier 1 group University
- 5-10 years’ experience in industry with a strong track record in DFT gained across several successful ASIC projects, and ideally at process nodes down to and including 16FF.
- Knowledge of the full Synopsys or Mentor Tessent DFT tool kit(s) would be advantageous.
- Experience of RTL and gate-level simulation as applied to DFT verification.
- VHDL/Verilog coding skills
- Implementation using tool-based and hand-crafted methods.
- Integration of IP including CPU’s, Analog Macros, and IO PHYs
- MBIST and memory repair integration
This role will offer a competitive salary, excellent working environment, matched contribution pension scheme, subsidised private healthcare scheme, life assurance and share options scheme. For more information and a confidential discussion – contact Rachel Mason at IC Resources