London, Data Engineer, Contract, Remote, R&D
We are looking for experienced Data Engineers with core expertise in Java
and Big Data
to work for one of the top R&D
companies in the world based in London. You will be working on a global app gallery with teams across the world and managing the processing of big data tailored for specific customers. The successful Data Engineer will be developing data pipelines and providing solutions/ innovations to improve their existing platform.
- Proficient in one of Java, SQL or Python
- Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark etc
- Experience with onpremis Cloudera or Hortonworks - this is key.
- Understanding of Java, SQL and Scala
- Some python would be helpful
We are offering a 12 month rolling contract which is likely to roll on for many years. This role will be inside of IR35 and we are offering a rate of £500-£600 per day. Please note the role is entirely remote but preferably we would like someone who can spend some time in their London office post-COVID.
If you have the necessary skills please apply with an attached CV or for more information please speak to Peter Greenlaw