I am currently looking for an ASIC Engineer with experience in flow automation and chip efficiency. As the ASIC Engineer you will be joining this well funded UK start up working on their exciting forward error correction (FEC) IP for wireless communications. You will be responsible for optimising the performance and efficiency of the designs, ensuring that flow developments are as automated and as energy efficient as possible. Ideally you will have knowledge across the complete digital design flow, from RTL-GDSII, however the focus would be more on the 'middle-end'; synthesis, STA and power optimisation. You will have good experience on a range of EDA tools for both performance and improving automation. Ideally you will have experience in area and power efficiency and have the ability to push back on the engineering team on any power or yield issues. This role is a rare opportunity to help grow and improve this expanding UK based start up. The client are based in Southampton and would be looking for you to work on-site when it is safe to do so again, so you need to live within commutable distance. Reporting into Director / CEO / CTO level this really is a role that the right person can own and make their own.
Ideal skills you will have for this role:
- 6+ years experience in ASIC digital design
- Ideally experience across the complete digital design flow, from RTL-GDSII, however the focus would be more on the 'middle-end'; synthesis, STA and power optimisation
- Must have experience in scripting language tools such as TCL, Python for synthesis automation
- Experience with a range of EDA tools for both performance and improving automation
- Experience in yield improvement
- The ability to push back on the engineering team to improve optimisation and performance
- Must be adept at speaking to the customer and have a desire to interact with the end customer
- You must be able to work self sufficiently for this role
- Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK
If this role sounds like it could be of interest to you and you would like a confidential chat about the potential of this position in more detail please get in touch with Rob at IC Resources.