Electronics Buyer – 6-month FTC, Hatfield.
This is a great opportunity to join a leading manufacturer within the electronics industry.
Responsible for the development of a strong stable supplier base for electronic components (both sourcing and negotiating new suppliers), monitoring the electronics component supply market and associated parts, electronic management of departmental documentation and implementing measures that will reasonably reduce the risk in the supply chain, as well costs.
- Create new purchasing strategies for electronic components for new products
- Develop and manage the database of key information e.g., prices, costs, materials, and currencies etc.
- New supplier creation, transition, and support, whilst also establishing and maintain effective relationships with key suppliers.
- Maintenance of database within the supply chain function.
- To assist in identifying areas of risk in the material supply chain, such as with single sourced components, and to suggest and drive action to mitigate that risk.
- Facilitate the creation of new parts, phase out of old parts and maintenance through PPAP process, and ECO process.
- CIPS qualified, or equivalent experience
- Previous supply chain/purchasing experience
- Experience within an electronics/manufacturing environment
- Experience with MRP system
- Engineering/Production experience, the ability to understand process and drawings in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- 25 days holiday
- Pension scheme (auto-enrolment or salary sacrifice, 5% ER contribution)
- Christmas closure
- Early Friday finishes (3 pm)
- Flexible working incl flexitime
Whilst the discretionary bonus scheme is for employees with 6+ months service, those on fixed term contracts are typically awarded some bonus amount pro-rata (spring and autumn).
APPLY NOW! Or get in touch with Roberta Wright from IC Resources