Job ID: 177070
Location: Hampshire, London (Greater), Essex, London (Central), England, UK
Salary: Rates dependent on experience +partial remote working
Job Type: Contract
Inside IR35 - Partial remote working - Rates dependent on experience
I'm currently working with one of Europe's largest aerospace and defence clients, from their site in Basildon, that are looking for an experienced Embedded Linux contractor to join them for a long-term project. As the right engineer you will be responsible for building, configuring and maintaining the Linux Kernel and embedded development in both C and C++. The role itself will be working quite closely with the hardware so there will also be an element of integration and test of OS's on the hardware and working on system level integration and testing.
This role is offering a hybrid model of roughly 60% WFH, 40% on-site and has been determined Inside of IR35. You won't need full SC for this role but BPSS as a minimum.
- Specifying and maintain Linux operating systems.
- Selection of packages.
- Building and configuring Linux Kernel.
- Experience of using package managers.
- Configuration control of Linux build / distributions.
- Development in C and also C++;
- Execute a support strategy and manage updates
- Experience of managing Free and Open Source Software Licensing issues (with legal support)
- Integration and testing of OS’s with hardware
- Support module and system-level integration, execution of testing and analysis of test recordings and results.
If you'd like to learn more about this role, or would like to catch-up about the current contracts market, then do get in touch!