The Field Applications Engineer will be responsible for, but not limited to, supporting technical inquiries, and proposing applications assistance required for key customers, working synergistically with sales and engineering to achieve customer design targets.
- Regularly attend customer meetings and provide technical design in support for solutions.
- Utilise all product offerings, providing insightful and detailed design solutions.
- Present design solutions to customer team.
- Coordinate activities between departments to meet customer product development requirements.
- Simultaneously support technical priorities/direction for multiple customer programs in development.
- Responsible for working with OEM engineers, Distribution Partners and Territory Sales Managers to implement solutions for existing customers and pre-sales activities to help qualify new and next generation customers.
- Keep work skills current to insure competitiveness in a dynamic global business environment. May require travel to customer sites to providing design specific solutions.
- Adheres to quality and safety systems or maintenance of quality and safety standards.
- Support customer integration of our wireless modules into their embedded devices. This integration is usually done through an Eclipse-based IDE.
- Excellent time management skills
- Exhibit understanding of the cross-functional relationships between inter-company groups and the expertise required to support a product through development and on to production
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Attention to detail
- Excellent embedded debugging skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or technical field highly preferred or equivalent experience required
- Experience/knowledge in Bluetooth Low-Energy protocols required
- Embedded development/design experience required
- Experience with Eclipse based IDEs (WICED, Zephyr or Nordic SDK) required
- 5+ years experience in a FAE, Support or development role
For more information pleas contact Shaun Gannon.