Principal Field Applications Engineer required for a global provider of high-speed interconnect solutions.
This role will be based remotely on the West Coast. Responsibilities
As a Regional Field Applications Engineer, you will lead a team of FAEs as a player-coach to establish the team as trusted technical advisers to the world’s leading cloud service providers, server and network OEMs by working with them to design solutions that use the portfolio of connectivity products. In this role, you will need to identify and understand customer requirements, propose solutions that provide clear value to the customer and provide hands-on design-in support. You will drive innovation by listening to the customer requirements, working with our engineering teams to implement into the product roadmap and delivering the results back to the customer. Requirements
- BS in electrical engineering. Master’s degree in engineering is preferred
- Strong customer facing experience, with a focus on pre-sales
- Knowledge of simulation/modeling, schematic capture, and PCB layout tools from Cadence, Altium and others etc.
- Knowledge of simulation tools such as Keysight ADS, Mathworks QCD, etc. for IBIS-AMI analysis.
- A strong background in high-speed board design techniques, and understanding of Data Center systems like Servers, JBOGs/JBODs, Networking switches/routers etc.