We are looking for like-minded people who can share our passion for success in exciting forefront of voice enable applications and markets.
As an Field Applications Engineer you will engage with clients to create technical solutions while identifying and building new business utilising your engineering expertise. You will be expected to re-frame their thinking and build consensus for our solutions, co-creating value by delivering the freedom to innovate. Key Responsibilities:
Engineering Skillset Required:
- Be an authority in embedded software tools, solutions, techniques (embedded software integration), and products.
- Advise on implementation of innovative ideas and solutions for assigned clients.
- Provide hardware, firmware, middleware and development tool support for assigned clients.
- Continuously and proactively develop technical skills in embedded software integration including tools, libraries, frameworks, RTOS and other technologies.
- Utilise engineering design skills, techniques and knowledge to accelerate client development time, reduce overall system cost and improve end product performance.
- Utilise Client Engagement Process to drive design wins to revenue at assigned clients.
- Use insight and influencing skills to offer clients unique perspectives on technology that link to our solutions.
- Identify the key client stakeholders and coach those stakeholders to build consensus for our solutions within their organisation.
- Contribute and participate within a global team environment to successfully develop and implement strategies for assigned clients across all global locations.
- Communicate effectively with our product divisions providing quantifiable feedback to measure ROI in assigned client investments (solutions and products).
Qualifications and Experience:
- Strong proficiency in C and experience in assembly, C++, JAVA, Windows/Linux Programming, and libraries or frameworks.
- Ability to deconstruct a product into a system level block diagram.
- Experience with writing code for constrained environments. Embedded development experience required.
- Understand and have the ability to implement applications that contain one or many of the following communication protocols: TCP/IP (wired and wireless), USB (Host/Device/Drivers), CAN, LIN, I2C, SPI, UART.USB Audio, AVB, Array Mic, and Smart MIC
- Experience in electronic design – demonstrate creative design, capability, architectural organisation of hardware, firmware and software to meet system specifications.
- Skills in schematic/simulation/layout via CAD tools, test and debug are preferred.
- Both verbal and written communication skill in English is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline (e.g. BSEE, BSCE) with a strong academic track record.
- Relevant work experience Minimum 7 years and up to 15 years.
- Preferable two years of experience in semiconductor application/sales.
- Voice, VUI/VDA, acoustic experience is nice to have.
- Background in consumer electronics and acoustic is strongly desired.
- Strategic/Critical Thinking—Systematically solves problems and hypothesises possible client pain points, expectations, and implicit needs; brainstorms with team members to devise solutions to solve complex client challenges.
- Communication—Tailors communication to the client’s needs with authority; effectively delivers presentations and has strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal Influence—Uses rational and emotional drivers that would appeal to clients to drive conversations to elements of value for both parties.
- Networking—Identifies the right client stakeholders and builds connections quickly to drive consensus for design wins; works cooperatively with a wide range of internal stakeholders for success.
- Ownership—Goes out of his or her way to complete a task and has relentless drive to achieve results; is independent and self-directed, and takes initiative.
- Workflow/Project Management—Sets clear, realistic, and time-bound objectives that align to business growth; breaks each objective into tasks and process steps that can be achieved within a realistic timeframe.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Please contact Karen at IC Resources for more information.