Linux Software Field Application Engineer will provide expert technical support helping our customers successfully integrate our audio products into mobile phones and other products by developing application-based embedded software for our audio solutions; assisting customer engineers and leading consumer electronics companies to integrate our solutions into customer systems. The successful candidate should be willing to provide onsite support and travel to customer sites.
The position will play a key role in getting design wins.Responsibilities
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Assisting customers with the integration of our audio products into their systems involving embedded software and ICs;
- Host driver integration of Audio IC products into various OSs, especially for Linux/Android;
- Debug embedded system integration issues on hardware platforms;
- Develop tools and scripts for integration unit and stress testing;
- Define and implement various use-case profiles into host driver platforms;
- Create application notes and integration guides;
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science degree or above
- Minimum 2 years of extensive audio software development experience and a minimum of 5 years of extensive software development
- Working knowledge of Linux kernel functionality and ALSA subsystems
- Extensive experience in C code software development
- Ability to use standard lab equipment: oscilloscopes, logic analysers, and in-circuit emulators
- Good communication skills, abilities to understand, summarise, and communicate customer needs, requirements, issues, etc.
- Good communication skills in English
- Analytical, thorough, resourceful and detail-oriented
For more information please contact Karen at IC Resources.