Our quickly growing SME client seeks a versatile and proactive Financial Controller to take full responsibility of the financial function within the company, including management accounts, budgets, forecasts, cash flow planning, salaries, tender/proposal review, etc. The successful applicant MUST be able to travel to the Waterloo area of London at least three days per week once lockdown restrictions have been lifted. In the meantime work will be completed from home and all necessary technical support will be provided.
The company has a unique product in THE fastest growing sector in the UK (cleantech / zero carbon emissions) and has a number of pilot projects running with high profile clients. In the coming months the company will secure additional funding, generate significant revenues from existing and new projects, and grow their full time internal team while maintaining some contractors / third party design suppliers.
You should have gathered already that this will be a challenging and fulfilling role, essentially acting as the CEO’s ‘right hand person’ on all matters financial and undertaking a wide range of activities.
Career growth for the right person will be inevitable as the company expands and you grow your team and the remit of your responsibilities.
Our client seeks someone with demonstrable success in a Finance Controller function in a varied role. In recompense for your efforts, you will be paid well, join a welcoming and cohesive team, work with a seasoned entrepreneur and be on a fast track to the next career step as the company grows.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Building and running an exceptional finance function, with the ability to lead a team in time
- Lead and produce all financial documentation through Xero, and producing management planning and analysis
- Produce, review, analyse the monthly financial results and provide commentary along with recommendations across Costs, Sales, GP to the CEO and the rest of the Senior Leadership team
- Be a key partner to the CEO to helping him produce investor reports and KPIs to maintain investor relationships
- Work with Senior Managers to ensure budgets are achieved and regular cycles of review occur
- Take responsibility for asset management and financing of equipment to ensure good ROI
- Work with external providers and internal managers to ensure all expenditure and invoices are agreed in advance and the work delivered to scope
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns and VAT write off process on a quarterly basis
- Be responsible for all R&D tax credit process and claim
- Manage the quote process to ensure costs are accurately represented
- Be responsible for inputting financial data into bids, tenders and other applications
Please submit your CV and salary expectations at your earliest convenience. We look forward to speaking with all shortlisted candidates in the very near future.