Job ID: 169695
Location: Lyon, Eindhoven, Hamburg, Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes, Netherlands, Germany, France, Europe
Salary: Competitive salary plus Bonus
Job Type: Permanent
Global Business Development Director
Are you an expert in Transport and Logistics solutions that can understand a customers needs, develop business and add value?
Are you looking to progress your career with the support of Global business that will listen to your ideas and help you make a difference to your customers?
If you are based in or near the Netherlands, Germany, or France and have the right experience this is a truly great opportunity. Job role
The Global Business Development Director is responsible for the acquisition of new customers with a potential of more than € 10 mil turnover within the field of transport solutions across Europe. The GBDD identifies and contacts potential customers at decision making level, develops and presents solutions, negotiates, and closes the deal. Managing commercial tender projects is an important part of the role. Responsibilities
What you will bring
- Manage commercial projects and proposals (tenders, pro- active sales) both externally and internally.
- Act as single point of contact for customers during business development phase.
- Build a healthy pipeline of target customers, leads and active commercial projects to meet ambitious development targets.
- Identify market trends and developments and notice potential business opportunities.
- Analyse markets/ sectors and identify service requirements and translating them into sector-oriented service offerings.
Ideally you will have.
- In depth knowledge of road transport operations and market.
- Strong customer orientation, both ex- and internally, understanding their requirements and able to translate them into a solution that can be delivered.
- Good insight in customer decision making processes and influencing them positively.
- Analytical, to analyse and understand customer requirements and challenge operational solutions.
- Hands-on project- and time management of multiple commercial projects
- Strong results orientation by prioritising impact against input.
- European mindset and multicultural understanding
- Higher or academic education in commercial or transport and logistics.
- Min. 10 years commercial experience in transport and logistics services.
- Proven sales track record.
- Experience in working in an international environment.
- Highly self-motivated and ability to prioritise tasks and work independently.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
APPLY NOW OR CONTACT NIALL FEARON FROM IC RESOURCES FOR DETAILS.
- An ambitious working environment with plenty opportunities for further business and personal development.
- A responsible role with chances to create successes.
- Attractive salary plus bonus