Based on the Swiss/German border, our leading Semiconductor client is seeking a Hardware Validation Engineer to join their dynamic team. Enjoy working for a company developing world-class products in a beautiful location on the edge of the Alps.
Within the role you will be driving the RTL2GDS process, collaborating with the RTL design team on design and architecture, resolve issues in physical design, contribute to floor-planning, timing, and also be a trusted interface with the foundry, backend partner and IP vendor. All for high-performance ICs for industrial, embedded, automotive and global data storage applications. Qualifications
Please contact Rob Hudson @ IC Resources for a discussion to find out more!
- Degree (MSc) in Electrical Engineering, Digital Design, Electronics or equivalent
- 5 years+ experience with RTL2GDS flow
- Good knowledge of ASIC integration including floorplanning, Clock and Power distribution, global signal planning, I/O planning and hard IP integration
- Experience with hardware description languages like Verilog, SystemVerilog, plus common scripting languages
- Familiar with typical SoC issues such as multiple voltage and clock domains, ESD strategies, mixed signal block integration, and package interactions
- Familiar with hierarchical design approach, top-down design, timing and physical convergence
- Prior experience integrating IP from both internal and external vendors and be able to specify and drive IP requirements in the physical domain
- Experience with state-of-the-art EDA software.
- DFT knowledge is a plus.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English.