This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a UK based Tech Start-Up that have strong backing, offer a very modern working culture with great benefits and are looking for a Head of Engineering position to join their growing team. Working with a niche and huge market, this Start-Up are using AI and Data algorithms to assist their industry in the quicker turn around of the end result to the end client. The office is based in London, although they have hired through COVID and are offering a remote start and the opportunity for remote work permanently with meetings and days in the office to compensate. This modern thinking company are also offering a strong salary up to £100,000 (plus share options) depending on experience and a brilliant company benefits package which includes healthcare, pension contribution, flexi hours and unlimited holiday.
As the Head of Engineering, you will be responsible for the management of up to 6 engineers with big plans to extend this team throughout 2021 as well. Your role will consist of managing the team, working with the board and share holders on the case management and planning/decisions of technology choices moving forward, in order for this you should require a strong business understanding. Further to this you can expect to be a key point of contact when taking on new projects with new customers and existing clients, whilst managing to assist in the day to day technical, hands on requirements within the team.
Key experience needed:
- Python Programming
- Cloud experience: AWS/Azure/Google Cloud
- Cloud Architecture (The design, build and taking requirements of this is key)
- CI/CD - Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with authentication scheme’s: SSO, SAML, etc
- Key understanding of Machine Learning and Deep Learning
- Management of a team/junior Engineer performing code reviews etc
- Working with clients on taking requirements and managing expectations within projects
- Working with Share Holders and Board Members
- Industry experience within Banking or Insurance is a bonus
- Experience with a Start-Up is a bonus
If you would like to discuss this role in more detail and understand how you can apply please get in touch with Josh as soon as possible.