Role: Industrial Designer (12 month Fixed Term Contract)
My London based Multi-national client has an urgent requirement for an Industrial Designer with 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role. This is a remote working 12-month Fixed Term contract but with the strong likelihood that it will become a permanent position following the initial period. Fixed term contract in this instance still means 12-months of full-time employment on a daily rate, paid monthly as a PAYE employee. On top of competitive earnings you will be entitled to holidays (20+8) and pension.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- Address product and innovation opportunities with keen insights.
- Deliver specific design solutions with meaningful value and achieve product experience objectives and business objectives.
- Think strategically, while developing a strong design strategy/solution that are based on consumer, brand and business perspective.
- A strong aesthetic sense and manifest a brand dimensionally in a way that stimulates people’s senses and emotions. Have excellent form development ability, manifesting a brands tone and identity through product form.
- Innovate within known manufacturing techniques, specifying materials, architecture, mechanisms, colour and surface finish.
- Develop design presentations.
- Manage projects by creating work plans, project timelines and communicating and managing them effectively.
- A high level of self-motivation and initiative.
- Have at least 3-5+ years of experience in the capacity of an industrial designer producing work of the top quality.
- Degree or higher diploma in a relevant design subject (Product design, industrial design or another related field).
- Have a strong capacity for critical thought and logical thought and information synthesis.
- Develop 3D surface models of high complexity and sophistication that are both aesthetically accurate and technically feasible. Rapid sketch development, and excellent visualisation in Keyshot or equivalent.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a world leader and to apply or for more information please contact Seamus Hayes at IC Resources.