Junior Hardware /Software Engineer required in Bristol to design and develop hardware for emulating military equipment in complex training simulators, including mechanical enclosures, optics, and electronics.
You will be responsible for the development and integration of simulation hardware and associated software, under the guidance of the Chief Engineer. This role carries with it a high level of autonomy, and as such you will need to be self-motivated, well organised, and take responsibility for the quality assurance of your own work.
Suitable applicants need to have:
- Degree 2:1 or higher in electronics and computer science, or similar
- Two years of experience in a relevant role.
- Electronics design and prototyping for USB HID devices
- Computer Aided Design (CAD) and 3D printing.
- Embedded software/firmware development.
- Evidence of technical writing ability to a high standard.
- Ability to work effectively both autonomously and as part of a team.
It would be beneficial to have:
- Experience in Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) in C++/C#
- Windows desktop application development (WPF, Windows Forms, UWP).
- Version control (Git).
- Military simulation and training.
- Simulation protocols (DIS, CIGI, HLA).
Exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, bright junior with a broad range of skills. Lots of scope for progression and responsibility. To £31k, plus bonus and flexible working.
Please send your Cv to Emma Windows at IC Resources.